In this experience the viewer is in the role of a healthcare professional.
This scenario places the healthcare professional in a side room with a family member angry because he has been waiting for the release of his father’s dead body.
He is unhappy and verbally aggressive as the wait is not in line with their cultural needs and he feels shows a lack of respect.
This scenario can be used to support learning and reflection about being confronted by a distressed and angry relative who feels his needs are being ignored.
Potential learning / discussion points
- How does this situation make you feel?
- What where the main issues for this relative?
- What might you have said in this situation?
- What actions do you think you might take because of this conversation?
- What do you need to know about cultural needs following death?
- What would have helped prevent this situation?
“Royal Trinity Hospice is extremely proud to have worked with Flix Films on this ground breaking training material”.
Dallas Pounds – Chief Executive Officer – Royal Trinity Hospice