In this experience the viewer is in the role of a Police Officer or Community Support Officer
This scenario places the officer in a confrontational situation with an apparently drunk man in the park who needs to be moved on. The man becomes verbally aggressive and this leads to threats of physical violence.
This scenario can be used to support learning and reflection about being in a confrontational situation where abusive language and verbal threat is combined with physically intimidating behaviours.
Potential learning / discussion points
- How does this situation make you feel?
- What might you have said in this situation?
- Apart from alcohol consumption what other factors might contribute to the man’s behaviours?
- What actions would you take next?
- How might you prevent being in this situation?